Thursday, June 9, 2011

Two Finishes!

Phew!!! I'm so glad I finally finished the Irish Chain.....


Because I failed to purchase enough of the original fabric, I had to add and patch and do all sorts of acrobatic feats to get it in shape to actually put on the bed.

Someday, my grandchildren will look at it, turn it over and see the backing and say that I inherited "Grandaddy Gene's" gift of improvising. He was known far and wide for taking ANYTHING he found and making something with it. He once made a storage house completely of discarded shower doors. What a man!!

My second finish is the second NICU quilt. It's blue and brown, but I hope a girl can use it as well.

There are small errors on this quilt as well, but none of us are perfect. And I hope and pray the child that receives it, is comforted by it's soft colors and feel.

 I used a charm pack of Lily and Will's II in blue. Well, half a charm pack, because the other half was yellow.

 I'm relieved to have those two projects finished and out of the way.

I now only have one thing going at present. I wish I could finish it before we leave on Sunday, but I don't see that happening.


Still, it's all good. :)

5 comments:

  1. I just loooooove the bunny quilt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them both, but that bunny quilt is AWESOME!! I love that fabric!

    Can't wait to see what your new project looks like. I'm LOVIN' the beach ball square. PRECIOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Irish Chain quilt looks like it belongs on THAT BED. They're perfect for each other. Love it! The baby quilt to tooo cute! Someone's going to be very lucky to have it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on two wonderful finishes!! The Irish Chain looks perfect on that bed and I'm sure the child that receives the little quilt will feel the love that it was made with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have another comment! I didn't notice the bunnies! How adorable!

    ReplyDelete