Thursday, May 12, 2011

Trashy Work

Since I am redecorating my bedroom and bathroom in aqua, white and brown, my red, green and pink Calla Lily theme just doesn't fit in. So, I needed a new trash can for my bathroom. This is what I had...

A little worse for the wear, but I just loved it. Everytime I would go into the bathroom, I would just look at the beautiful lilies. But, it had to go, as bad as I hated it. So, here's what I did. First I spray painted it flat white.


Then I took good old Modge Podge and coated the entire thing, and wrapped fabric around it. I also coated the fabric with the MP. I was afraid it wouldn't stick, but it did.  The inside was a mess from years of abuse, and I painted it out with dark aqua.


To cover up the beaten up top, I braided jute, and hot glued it on. Voila!! I have a brand new trash bin. But, it's not going in the bathroom, because I don't want it to be abused again. It will be for my computer desk and will only hold discarded papers.  No wet wipes and no hair spray residual...

1 comment:

  1. This is a fabulous transformation. I can't blame you for not putting it back in the bathroom.
    I hope you are having better luck with your desk. It's so disappointing to put so much work into something and find out it won't work.

    ReplyDelete