Sunday, July 25, 2010

Jewelry Holder

I've seen neat little home made jewelry holders all over the blog world, and wanted to make one for myself. I just didn't know how I wanted to go about it.

Low and behold, my mother-in-law gave me two drawers from an old sewing maching cabinet.


I didn't know I wanted to make jewelry holders out of them for several days. Then a bolt of lightening hit me out of the clear blue sky I had an idea. They would make great necklace holders hanging beside my dresser. And I could get rid of the huge ugly jewelry box I've been using.

Soo, I got busy with scrapbook paper and modge podge.....
I cut the paper to fit the inside of the drawer, then painted a coat of the modge podge on the bottom of the drawer. I laid the paper inside, then gave it a coat of modge podge as well.


I intended to use cup hooks for the hangers, but the bottom/backs of the drawers were too thin and flimsy. I purchased instead, some small peel and stick hangers. They worked great and were only $.97 for 9.  I will need to buy another package, so I can add a few more to the second box, but all in all, this project will cost me all of $2.00.


5 comments:

  1. That's so cool! I wanna make something! I now realize why I have no imagination or talent...you got it all!!! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute!!! I love those drawers and what a great idea you had!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea...and so cute!
    Thanks for visiting my blog and your kind words about my quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are so smart!!! They turned out sooo cute. I need to do that. All my necklaces are sitting in a plastic ziploc bag in a big ole mess - obviously they're all costume jewelry and not the nice stuff.

    ReplyDelete