Thursday, April 4, 2013

The Scariest Thing I've Ever Done

Before I explain, let me request up front that you not laugh. Because when I really think about it, I do realize it's kind of silly to be afraid. I am however, a very insecure person at heart and terrible when it comes to "putting myself out there." Sooo, here's what I did......

I created a facebook page totally dedicated to my crafting, sewing, and painting. I agonized over it for months. Prayed, prayed, and prayed some more. I felt God telling me not to open an actual home based business, but to just put what I do out there and take any orders I feel comfortable with. It's still so very hard for me.

I named it Seams to B Creations.  I came up with that, after much going back and forth in my head and feedback from two of my closest friends. My daughter even told me how to create a unique header.
Let me tell you how hard this is...Just this morning, I posted only two photos of things I have on hand and would gladly sell. And ever since I hit the "publish" button, I have been overcome with a huge, red, nervous rash. Oy.

I got 50+ likes in the first day. I was overwhelmed with gratitude and humility. That part was exciting!

It has begun for me, and I ask that you keep me in your prayers. I'm a mess but I'm sure with God's help, I'll find peace with it eventually.

Thank you my friends!
Belinda

1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE that your creations are in one place! Congratulations on your page! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete