Saturday, April 6, 2013

April BOM

Here are the paper pieced blocks Janice and I did for April.
This wasn't supposed to be a chickadee. *grin* But I altered it to make it one. This was the third one I did. The first two didn't make me happy.

Here is Janice's bird. It's much brighter in color. I love it.
Since we always end up making two blocks for each month, this was the second one I did.
April showers bring May flowers....I got my bright in on this one. Heh heh. My only disappointment is that the pattern in the sky is off a bit in the right triangle. I didn't realize it until it was too late. I'm going to keep it though.

I've already done one for May but will wait until then to post it.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute! Yes, patterned backgrounds can throw you - a learning curve. Where did you get the bird block?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the oops! I think every quilt needs one. Prolly mentioned this before, but my sister always includes an intentional oops in her quilts. Sometimes you really have to look, but they're there.

    ReplyDelete