Saturday, September 17, 2011

Weekend WIP


This is a flag that has faded with two years of fall display. I'm in the process of repainting it, so it will be nice and fallish.


You can see how faded the unpainted parts are on the bottom section in this photo. I hope to have it finished by Monday.

Next is the tee shirt quilt I've been trying to get finished. I have all the "quilting" part done around the edges. As you can probably see, I also have some seam ripping to do, taking out some misdirected lines. I was getting used to my new machine.


I'm going to begin taking those pesky lines out, and try to get the edges ready for binding.


There are other projects calling my name, but I will turn a deaf ear until these two are done.

It's the weekend, and I'm just gonna sit here and relax!

4 comments:

  1. B, could you make a post some time with how you quilt your projects? as in-depth as you can-- i'd like to see some of the options that you do, because i hate the quilting part! i'll make the tops all day long... but don't leave me the quilting part! you go through so many quilts that it seems so easy for you. maybe i smell a short series?? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin, I'll send you a private message. :) Thank you for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Repainting, that sounds wonderful. What sort of paint do you prefer this?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmm, looks like you didn't include cotton sashing on your t shirt quilt. That is a very brave thing to do! It looks so nice and straight even without sashing. I could not do that.

    ReplyDelete