Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Long Time, No Craft

Well, hello there! *waves*

I'm B's daughter and I used to post more on here (before I had a rowdy little boy). I'm finally starting to make some time for simple craft and sewing projects so I would like to share the most recent with you. They aren't really anything special, but I'm trying to get back in the groove.

No-Sew Fleece: Cozy Ruffled Blanket

I've had this fabric since I was pregnant, over 16 months ago...

I had time to finally work on this a few weeks ago in the hospital waiting room (my hubby had surgery).

The preparation took longer than it took to tie all the knots.
The boy loves it. As soon as he saw it, he grabbed and hugged it. I actually used flannel instead of fleece and I think it turned out nicely although the tags frayed quite a bit after I washed it. I believe I used 1.5 yards for each fabric (don't hold me that, it was almost a year and a half ago when I purchased it) and it was pretty inexpensive. The size is perfect for a toddler, bigger than infant blankets but not as large as an adult-size.

I also painted the bottom of some of his socks because we have hardwoods and summer is almost over. We live in the south and he's gone barefoot most of the summer, but recently his feet have been really cold. I bought some new socks and had some "puffy" paint. However, when I painted on the soles, it was the consistency of slick paint rather than puff paint. Oh, well. It does it's job--keeping him from slipping and hitting his head. Of course, he did plenty of that on his own today, socks or no socks. He's just clumsy!

I also did a stick-figure cat (not shown). I know you're jealous of my artistic skillz.
Here's my list of crafts I want to tackle as I have time. Note the Oreo smudges on the pages by a special little culprit.

3 comments:

  1. Were you supposed to iron the puffy paint to make it puff? That's what I used to have to do with it. I'm glad to see you doing some crafty things daughter dear. It makes us all have a better attitude when we can do a little crafting. God made us creative beings. We have to craft periodically to be truly happy. Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get on some sock de-slipping myself. The house we are hoping to move to has all hardwoods. I saw someone online did all kinds of cool super hero designs which might be beyond my skill level, but I think I can handle the stick figures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a few moments to have some fun. I have a little guy too. It is hard to find time for things!

    ReplyDelete