Friday, August 5, 2011

The Race is On

I made this quilt, bib, and burp cloth for my dear friend's daughter. Elissa and her premature little Michael Able Hunzicker. I couldn't post it until they received it because I didn't want them to see it.


They are NASCAR fans, if you couldn't tell...


I really enjoyed making this. Hopefully the little boy will come home soon and be able to enjoy it. I used flannel for batting for the first time. Not sure if I like it yet, but it sure was easy to quilt.

1 comment:

  1. Well, shoot! My comment disappeared into internet oblivion. Ah, well...I'll try again.

    Love, love, LOVE the quilt! Little Mikey can't help but be a race nut after he gets his hands on this! The blocks are wonderful! I can't wait til he's big enough to show him the tire guy, the lug nut guy, the stands and checkered flags. This is the only hand made (with love!) baby gift Elissa has received. Knowing her it will be well used (loved!) and saved for Little Mikey's kids. She put the bib on Monkey Bear until LMH is big enough to take over for him. I can't remember what all I put in the original, lost in cyberspace message, but I did comment on how cuddly the quilt is and I bet it ends up being a favorite for Little Mikey! The flannel batting is a winner!

    B, Little Mikey is very blessed to have a friend like you and so are we. Thank you , again from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete