Friday, August 19, 2011

Hey Hey Hey, Pets on Quilts Parade!

There is a really cool thing going on right now. It's called Pets on Quilts Show and those who want to participate can link to their pet inspired quilts. There is a button on the right you can click to take you there.

I'm not finished with my Kitty Quilt for the NICU, but thought I'd post it, so I can add my link. There are lots of cool prizes for anyone who leaves a comment. Quilter or no.


For those who are late to the party, I've been making baby quilts for the St. Vincent's Infirmary NICU. I found this fabric on clearance at Hancock's for $.50 a yard. I couldn't believe there was an entire roll no one had bought. When I got home with it, I pondered exactly how I wanted to use it, and decided to do kitten silhouettes on the solid pieces. The alternating squares in the nine patch are from napkins I bought at our local Goodwill type facility.

The little friends on the quilt are hand made by myself, when my son was very small. He never really played with them much, but my grandson LMW, loves them. They really wanted to check out the kittehs so I had to snap their photo before they ran back to the ark.


I still have hand stitching to do around three of the kitties, and bind it. The back is the same kitty fabric as the silhouettes.   If you want to view more Pets on Quilts, follow the links. And thanks for reading our blog!

30 comments:

  1. So glad you joined the show - just think this is so adorable! Great fabrics and what a deal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clever project. The kitties have so much personality.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great quilt, and what a great bargain on the fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a darling quilt :) And what a find on the fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts. Love the cats in all of their different poses.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a wonderful quilt, and I'm sure some little person will be delighted with it. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great quilt and what a find on the fabric

    ReplyDelete
  8. .50 a yard really? I like the idea you came up with, perfect for that fabric. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Who doesn't love to find a sale like that! And to use it for such a worthwhile cause! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why have I not followed this blog before? Is this your quilting blog? Or is the other. Well, silly me I will follow now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What great kittehs! Love them - and what a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a neat quilt! Glad you joined the Pets on Quilts show!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful quilt! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW great deal on the fabric and also a great sewing cause! Very cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! I need to go shop there! I make quilties for the crisis center - it's great to find deals on fabric!
    Love your quilt - it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 50 cents!! Awesome. Your quilt looks great, I really like the hand stitching around the silhouettes.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is going to be a great quilt when it's finished. The silhouettes give it just the right touch. The colors are perfect as a NICU quilt and what a steal on that fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fabulous quilt! And your Arc animals are too precious. When I was small my mother's elderly cousin and his wife babysat me once for several weeks while my parents were away somewhere. They had a wooden arc with all the animals and I loved to play with it. Thanks for reviving that memory for me.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a really fun cat quilt! Some family is going to love this for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi! That is really wonderful quilt and your have so perfect fabrics for it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love your little characters! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great use of your different fabrics. It all coordinates so well and your kitty kat shapes are great!

    ReplyDelete