Thursday, July 7, 2011

Calling All Crafters!!!

Ok ladies...(and any men out there who lurk) I have a creative block on this one. This is a photo of a metal "star" my father-in-law gave me.


He found it somewhere and thought I might want to paint it. Which translated is..."I'd like you to paint this." And I don't want to let him down. Only problem is, I have no idea what to do with it. Black? Colorful and fun? Dark brown with a little gold highlight? What? What? What? I'm lost.


My brother thinks it's fine like it is....all rusty looking. Hmmmm. What do you think? Somehow, I don't think FIL would be in agreement.

This is my latest "sit in front of the tv not really watching, while the husband watches the history and outdoor channels" project. It was started by my cousin's grandmother.


 She pieced the circles, but didn't fill them in or put them together before she passed. He asked me to finish it for him and I'm doing it all by hand, to make sure I don't screw it up and it's taking a while. But, it's worth it I think. I'm anxious to get it finished for him. I've had it for a long time.  I've never sewn a quilt like this, so any tips are coveted. I still have a lot to put together before I can even think of quilting it.

2 comments:

  1. He looks like a smiling sun to me! He's cute! Colorful and fun would bring out alot of details. Depending on where he ends up hanging I like the rustic look, too.

    The quilt is wonderful!!! You're brave to take that on. I wouldn't know where to start! That is my favorite kind of quilt, with all the vintage fabric. Some of the fabric looks so familiar I need to go check a few quilts and see if it IS the same fabric. I can't wait to see it donw. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree with your brother. I like it just the way it is.
    The quilt looks wonderful, but I can't imagine doing all that work by hand. You deserve a round of applause for taking that on.

    ReplyDelete