Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Blast From the Past

I refinished a plain brown chest of drawers about 12 or so years ago. I didn't realize it would stand up to the years or styles all this time.


It resides in SR's "Man Cave" room with his ancient television and dish box. I did a similar version of one for LeLe and she has since then repainted it in her own current style.

If I had it to do again, I don't know if I would add the embellishment. I used a stencil to just draw off the pattern, then free handed it. I didn't want it to have a stenciled look.


Since we had no dish network, nor cable, I got the idea from a painting magazine. Those were my only source of inspiration then.  I even used an antique glaze and left most of it in the crevices.


I've thought about repainting it, but I really kinda still like it. SR isn't crazy about it, since it's not really a "Man Cave" look, but I think it will stay as it is for a while longer.

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't say mine is in my "current style" as it is plain and boring. I'd like to redo it at some point, especially since it's flat paint and already showing scrapes and nicks.

    ReplyDelete