Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sunrise Sunset

I'm posting this believing the recipient of this gift does not read my blog. I seriously doubt it, but just in case, I will not disclose her name or for what occasion.






I was pleasantly surprised at how it turned out. The person who commissioned this painting, wanted it antiqued and I of course complied. These photos are pre-glaze, but you really can't tell much difference due to the dark colors, so I didn't see the need to take more photos.

I used simple water based craft paint, and glazed it with watered down modge podge. I added a little drop of burnt sienna to give the glaze an antique color. I considered this a sunset... but my friend "Y" automatically felt it was a sunrise.  What do you think?

3 comments:

  1. I automatically thought sunset. Either way, it's gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It reminded me of driving back to Georgia from Arkansas, early in the morning, wintertime. Lake Village, Eudora. Love this painting! It's very peaceful and 'quiet'.

    ReplyDelete