Saturday, October 9, 2010

A Little Fall Decor

I've been constantly thinking about how I can do some fall decorating. I finally found a few little fall things stuck in the back of my craft closet and decided to fill a dough bowl my mother-in-law gave me years ago. While I was in Walmart the other day, I grabbed a few real pumpkins to add.


I actually planned to post a picture of it yesterday, but the dark bowl, sitting on my dark coffee table just didn't show up well. In the meantime, Tanya posted her dough bowl and I got antsy to get mine fixed up right.  I remembered I had a piece of gold fabric in my antique "wardrobe" where I keep my stash, and I grabbed that little gem and made a rectangle to place under the bowl. It's nothing fancy, but it helps with the display. And brightens things up a bit.


I've had these mums on the dining table for a while now, so I didn't have to do a thing there.


I really wanted to exchange the two, placing the mums on the coffee table and the bowl on the dining table, but it was just too small to accommodate that large dough bowl, durn it. Oh well, at least I have a little something something for fall. But in all reality, my entire living room is made up of fall colors, so it's all good.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Belinda,
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment! I saw those pillows you painted. They're so cute! What a fun idea. You're really good at that. If I try them, I'll have to get my neighbor to paint my flowers for me..lol.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously loving your dough bowl. It's so much bigger than mine! Love it!!! That fabric underneath makes a huge difference. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete