Saturday, September 6, 2014

A Before and After

My mother-in-law had an old ottoman that had seen better days, and she asked me if I wanted it. At first I said no.
 You can see why, can't you? And that isn't even the worse side. I had to do a little "taping therapy" on it, so that the holes wouldn't get any larger.
This is what I did with it. I used some really pretty fabric I bought from Ozark Fabrics by Hillbilly Tonya on Facebook. I didn't know what I would use it for when I bought it, but I found something worthy of it. *grin*
 As you can see, it is in front of a futon. Which is another new addition to my sewing room. When I get the wall above it like I want, I'll show you that before and after.
I quilted the top, and used elastic around the side seam and bottom. I killed two birds this way....gathering it and keeping it tight on the ottoman. It pulls underneath for a good fit. It didn't take long and I'm pretty happy with it.

4 comments:

  1. Now I would have thrown it out - you go girl! I think that fabric is gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful comfy looking addition to your sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So smart to cover it like that! I never would have thought of it. Love it!

    ReplyDelete