Saturday, September 20, 2014

All Wrapped Up

I finished the Christmas quilt top and I'm more than pleased with it.
It's a pattern by Marjorie Rhine that is called "Gift Wrapped" and I think you can see why she named it so. I modified it to my own dimensions, and it's 96x96. I really didn't mean for it to be that large, but it will fit nicely on my bed for Christmastime. I didn't miter the corners, and all but one turned out pretty well anyway. I'm going to live with the fourth one, as I'm probably the only one who will care. *grin*

I plan to do a simple straight line quilting either in the ditch or to the side of the seams. And I'm not going to rush myself on it.

Now, I can move on to other pressing projects as Christmas quickly approaches.

2 comments:

  1. It is lovely!! The ribbons just float and turn all over the surface of that quilt! it's perfect for a Christmas quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful quilt - amazing ribbons. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete