Monday, April 14, 2014

Weekend Work

After getting a dress made for my little Klaire (forgot to take a pic) I was finally able to sit down and do the April block for the In The Garden quilt along.
I really enjoyed being able to sit at the machine and do this. I love each block and the sections come together as smoothly as butter.

Along with that, I finished a table for sale.
It's been really good to get back to my first love. (Aside from Jesus) I'm at a point now where I can alternate the sewing and painting and that is a good thing for me. I loved transferring the typography on the top and painting it out. I used transfer paper, and a very small liner brush. It took a while, but I loved every second of it.
I have a chair almost finished and as soon as I can get to the store to purchase a sealer I need, I will have it done and can post it. So far no sales, but we are just beginning so we will be patient....or try to anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Your sunflower block is lovely and WOW just look at that table!!

    ReplyDelete