Monday, January 6, 2014

Catching Up

I didn't realize it had been so long since I posted something. I've been busier than a one armed paper hanger. Quilts, monogramming, reorganizing....and then there is the whole holiday thing.

Today I have a couple of things to show you. First, I quilted a third memory quilt for the victims of the Moore, OK tornado. The top was put together and sent to me to finish. Two of the blocks are actually mine, and one belongs to my BQB (Best Quilting Buddy) Jan.
I think it turned out lovely and I'll be glad to know when all the quilts are delivered. The top middle, and bottom middle are my blocks, and the right middle is Jan's.

I finished up the binding on it this morning and then proceeded to revamp my sewing room. I'll never have a marvelous space like you see in all those lovely ads online, but it's a good space and I'm happy to have it.
Aesthetics are important to me, but it doesn't do much good if things are unhandy. So, I moved a shelf to the corner and filled it with thread, buttons, rulers and the like.
I put the quilt ladder in the shelf's former spot, and that gave me room to push my ironing board over and as you can see, I now have room for a design wall if I decided to make one. I made a new cover for my ironing board while I was at it, with fabric in my stash that I'll never use otherwise.
I really need a new chair, and will be on the lookout for something that is much more ergonomic. For now, the folding one will have to do.
 As you can see, I have my trusty Quilt Mate Pro right there.  I love that thing!! Holding my tablet for me, I can listen to music, get email updates, look for tutorials and view them as I sew, all hands free. It's perfect. I don't know if you can see it, but the temp showing on that thing is 20 degrees. It's been a cold cold day here in the south.
There's a little chair for you to relax in as you sit and visit with me while I sew. Come on in and make yourself comfortable!

That's been my day. I'll try to post some of the things I made for Christmas gifts if I can find where I saved the files. Couldn't post them until after the holidays you know!!


7 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful inviting work space.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your room! It's bright and cheerful and functions great! And I love the quilt - such a fun one for someone to have. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that ladder with quilts! What a fun sewing room :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha! I haven't visited in so long I didn't know you didn't post in so long! EVERY thing is beautiful. The colors in the quilt and your sewing room! A-maz-ing! LOVE how the colors in your room looks so cheery and creative. No wonder you make such nice things!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are one of my best cheerleaders Y!! Love you.

      Delete
  5. Oh, my. I just looked at the quilt in the larger size. Eight years old. Sending an extra prayer with your quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not lurking, just back for more inspiration! I just LOVE how your sewing room has turned out! (A certain bed got moved today!!!) :D

    ReplyDelete