Friday, October 4, 2013

Learning and Enjoying the Process

Since I bought my new sewing machine, I've been glued to the thing. I am really enjoying the process of learning. And so far, I haven't messed anything up so badly that it can't be used. (OH I hope I didn't just jinx myself!)

Here are a few things I've played around doing.





 (Can you tell we are Arkansas Razorback fans?)

I knew I would enjoy being able to embroider and monogram, but I had no idea how much!!

One thing I learned the hard way, was that the cut away stabilizer I purchased at the sewing machine store, is not working well for me. Gonna have to find something better. (Even if the lady who gave me a lesson said it was what I needed....)

I'm working on some Christmas gifts now. Nope, can't show ya, just in case the recipient(s) checks in here.

5 comments:

  1. I am so glad this machine is making you happy - and look at all the little fun things. I don't do this kind of thing so hope someone else can give you some suggestions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so cute! I saw a darling embroidered burp pad for a baby gift last week. It had Jesus Loves Me on one end and The Bible Tells Me So on the other, with musical notes scattered. Just an idea for you. :). Blessings, M arlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're all so cute! That much adorable HAS to bring you much enjoyment! I'm kinda partial to the black 'Pig" shirt. ;) I think (bear in mind I don't know what I'm talking about) but, I think I saw stabilizer that washes away??? Or would that be something else I saw?

    Have fun! Oh! And, no jinx!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks great! I have a few shirts here next to my machine that I never did anything with... hmmm time to start- how big is your hoop? look at embroidershoppe.com she's in africa I think, but some NEAT stuff.- and hmm turn off your word verify.....????

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't remember turning on the word verify at first. I turned it off at your request and will see how it goes. If I begin getting a lot of junk, I'll have to turn it back on. :)

      Delete