Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Progress Progress

When I am working on three projects at once, trying desperately to get them all done asap, time seems to stand still and I find it hard to see any progress. Fortunately I was able to sew all day yesterday and today and finally see the light at the end of the tunnel.

This is the log cabin quilt. My very first one.
The blocks themselves seemed to go pretty easily, and even the rows were not too bad, but connecting the rows gave me some moments of frustration. It's together now, thank goodness, and all I need to do is add borders. It's going to be queen size and it will definitely be a challenge to quilt on my little machine. The red fabrics look really bright in this photo, but they are actually shades of burgundy.

This is one of the projects for my granddaughter's nursery.
In case you can't tell, it's a window topper.  I didn't have a pattern, and just looked at something similar we liked and tried to figure it out. It turned out pretty well and hopefully it will hang just right. I also finished the bed skirt for the crib, but don't have a photo of that. It's already on her little bed. ;)

This is the third project and the least  demanding since there really is no deadline.
Just a fun little hexagon paper piecing project for myself.  I AM ready to get it finished but it will still be a little while.

2 comments:

  1. It feels great to have a finish, doesn't it? :)
    Great job on all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely log cabin. Your Hexies are very stricking in the blues, teals, and green.

    ReplyDelete