Sunday, November 14, 2010

No Projects to Post

Right now, I don't have any project pictures to post. Most of what I'm working on is for Christmas and we wouldn't want to let the cat out of the bag, now would we?

I do have to say that yesterday LeLe, my future daughter-in-law K, and I went to a Christmas shop in town. OH. MY. WORD. We were drooling more than LMW when we left that place. And it got my creative juices flowing fully. I want to make everything in there. Problems 1: the local Walmart has NOTHING to use. Problem 2: Some of the items we saw, I just don't know how in the world I could make them. So, I have to do some figuring and thinking. And probably take a trip to Hobby Lobby for supplies and inspiration. Gee, I just hate that.... :D


This place has a different Christmas tree everywhere you look. Green ones, pink ones, teal ones, white ones, harlequin ones, peppermint ones....I can't even
list all they had.

K liked the peacock tree,



LeLe liked the owl and harlequin tree,











and I liked the peppermint tree. 




It will really be challenging to figure out if I can actually make anything comparable to the ornaments on those trees. And the cost of the ribbons and fru fru things would be astronomical. So, this will probably be a very long process. But, I always need a goal....

4 comments:

  1. Love the peacock. I have so much to do before Christmas. 5 birthdays in November and December. Lots to make; lots to do. Have fun with your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I would've loved all of them. I loooove peacocks and harlequins and giant candy is a dream come true! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love love love the peacock

    xo
    monica

    ReplyDelete