Friday, August 6, 2010

Tag Blanket

I was excited when I saw this post for a tag blanket. And decided I was ordained to make one for LMW.
Larissa did a superb job with the tutorial on Just Another Day in Paradise.


Since I didn't have all the fluffy soft fabric she used, I decided to just use what I had in my stash. I did purchase ribbon on clearance at Walmart for $1.00 a roll. That was a great find! Because the back was simple cotton fabric, I inserted a piece of tee shirt fabric from an old shirt I had.  I sewed this inside the two pieces of cotton and it gives it a little weight.


Hopefully, LMW will like it as well. And it will be a great idea for shower gifts. Thanks Larissa! (sorry I don't know how to grab your button and make it work...)

UPDATE:
On the wisteria quilt....after several hours of hand basting, I've decided not to try to machine quilt it. I am going to use the tack and tie method using either regular knitting or crewel yarn. This way, all the potential puckers I see already, will not wind up ruining the look of the quilt, and it will still have a nice grid on the back. And it's something I can do comfortably while I sit in the recliner in the evenings.

4 comments:

  1. That is so stinkin' cute! I love the sock monkey face too! CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job. Love your fabric. Thanks for sharing with me.

    Just Another Day in Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these, they are so cute and such a great idea for the little ones. I love the colors and fabrics you chose! Do you have an etsy shop?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys...uh girls. Nicole, I don't have an etsy shop. I don't really do enough to have a shop and there are so many out there doing what I do, and some doing it much better, that I just think it would be fruitless. But thanks for asking.

    ReplyDelete