Saturday, August 7, 2010

Bluebird

Remember this tray?


The one I bought for $18.00? (Ouch) I planned to use it on this table, but didn't like how it looked.

This is what it looks like now....


I plan to somehow hang it on the backporch. I don't know how I'm going to do that yet.

First, I painted the entire thing blue, and then blocked in the areas I wanted to paint.


I began with the leaves and branch, then moved on to the dogwood blooms.




Finally, I worked on the bird.


So, here is a photo that shows how large this tray actually is. It's sitting in SR's large recliner.


I want to coat it with a sealer, simply to make sure it weathers well. It will be under the porch roof, but you can't be too careful. After all the work, I sure wouldn't want it to peel off.


I'm lovin' this a lot. And since it had been a while since I painted anything, I enjoyed the process.

5 comments:

  1. MISS B!!! WOW!!! This is beautuful!!! I think this is my favorite! I can't wait to see it hanging on the back porch. Is the tray/background the same color as the table?

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS I set one of the pictures as a background on my desktop...you should see how gorgeous it looks!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, the blue is the same. And if you'll let me know which pic you used for your desktop, I'll send you the larger file that might look better on your screen.
    Thanks Y!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! That's so cool! It was the last one, full size of the tray. It looks so pretty, all BIG on my 'puter secreen! You B so welcome. Thanks for showing us all the cool beans stuff you make! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful- you're so talented!

    ReplyDelete