Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Finished Stuff

I've been working hard on Christmas gifts and hope I'm in the home stretch. Unfortunately, I usually add more on as I go, so...probably not. *grin*

I'm thinking it will be safe to post some of the gifts, as few of my family members actually read my blog. Doesn't hurt my feelings one bit, because I totally understand that they have other interests.

This is my "In the Garden" paper pieced quilt. I participated in Quilt Art Designs quilt along and this was my finished quilt. I quilted it in strips and then joined them. I find it's much easier to do that on my little domestic machine. Unless I have something really special for a backing, that will be my norm from now on.

This is a quilt I created for my nephew. He loves muscle cars and told his Mom he wanted a muscle car quilt. Aunt Belinda to the rescue! I love how it turned out and it too is from Quilt Art Design patterns.
Close up of some of the cars.


I created some dresses for my baby girls, but they aren't gifts. I've already given them so they can wear them now.

Right now, I'm working on a neutral Christmas quilt that incorporates some tone on tone machine embroidery in some of the squares. There are five rows and I'm now quilting the third row. Can't wait to finish that.

I have plans in the works to make a paper pieced turkey quilt. I hope to get it done by Christmas, but it's doubtful. Still, it always gets me pumped to have a new project on my mind and I can't wait to get started on it.

Back to work!!

2 comments:

  1. WOW! That’s a lovely bunch of finished. I really like the floral quilt. And the pieced dresses are so cute!! Did you modify a pattern to do those?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have really mastered paper piecing - both quilts are marvelous! And super quilting job, too. Oh, how sweet are those outfits! I think clothing making is way harder.

    ReplyDelete