Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Christmas Quilt Progress

This is the neutral Christmas quilt I mentioned in my last post.  Row three is quilted and only two more to go. The first two rows I did are the outside edges with borders.
As you may can tell, it's an Irish Chain pattern. Here is a close up of one of the embroidered blocks.
When the rows are quilted, I will join them and then add a border strip to the top that matches the sides. I'll quilt that after I add it. I decided to try something a little different on the border and drew out a curved motif to stitch. When it's all finished, I will spray the ink to wash it out.

I'm anxious to get it finished and I know I'm going to love it. I've also decided to do a neutral tree this year. I'm interested to see how that turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment