Friday, January 2, 2015

A Few Little Things

I haven't posted any of my latest sewing projects. Hmmmm, well there are reasons of course. The first is that they were Christmas gifts and I didn't want them seen before hand. That is what these are....

 

I've never sewn much with knit before and it was interesting to say the least. After I figured out how to actually work with it, I enjoyed the process very much and have more in the works.  These are all for our little Kyndall Hope who is scheduled to arrive March 4, 2015.

The second reason I haven't posted anything is because I've just been BUSY. Life is full and I haven't been able to do much quilting at all. I'm still working on quilting the Christmas top I started in the fall. It wound up being 97x97 and a monster to maneuver on my little ole machine. I'm getting there, but I don't plan to EVER make such a large quilt again.

And the third reason is that I just forgot to take pictures of what I made.  The old brain is not as sharp as it once was folks.  Not only that, but it really didn't enter my mind to blog while in the frenzy of Christmas preparations and sewing. Guess I'm not as enthusiastic as I used to be, but that's ok.

I did manage to do something very special for my kids this year. I scanned countless photos of my ancestors, and created a book for them with names, dates and photos. I believe it was a hit for both of them and their spouses!
So what I have on tap now is finishing the quilt, doing a couple of knit items for Klaire and Kyndall, and starting the new Ocean BOM by Quiltart designs. I LOVE her paper pieced patterns and ideas. She is one talented cookie! Through the year, I'm hoping to quilt at least two of the waiting tops.


2 comments:

  1. Love the little outfits and hats - life, family, self - keep happy my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute outfits! I wish we had a baby coming to sew for. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete