Sunday, October 19, 2014

October

It's been a month since I posted. Just living life and busy, you know? I have been working diligently on a few things, and I finally finished a few of them.
I worked off and on this little Christmas dress for my princess Klaire. It wasn't difficult, just involved. And I kept getting distracted. I do like the way it turned out though.

I also finished a quilt for our upcoming little Kyndall.
I don't normally hand stitch binding, because...well...I'm impatient. And sometimes it makes my hands hurt because I can't seem to hold anything I'm stitching on with less than a death grip. Terrible habit.  This was a bit bulky though, due to the ruffle, so I toughed it out and hand stitched it. I have some little bibs and burp cloths done that go with it, and I'll post those next time.

I'm going to try my hand at making little tiny baby gowns for Kyndall. I've only really worked with knit once, and that was just recently when I made LMW a pair of pj bottoms. If there is a knack to it, I would welcome suggestions and advice. I plan to practice with a scrap of knit and see how I do. Wish me luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment