Monday, August 4, 2014

Some Finishes

I've been spending most of the summer with the grandchildren and doing summertime things, but I finally have some finished projects.

These are two of the last furniture painting projects I'll be doing.
A lovely little piano bench. And just look at the inside storage area...
I lined it with the sweetest fabric! I need to figure out what to do with the rest of it because I love it so well. Just can't think of anything right now. I don't want to use it for a quilt, because I can't stand the thought of cutting it up into little pieces and losing the design.
I love the green of this retro table. I wasn't sure it would sell, but it actually sold pretty quickly. (Thank goodness!!)

My friend and I have decided that money is just too tight these days, and the market is flooded, so we are not going to continue in our business venture.

In the sewing department, I've been steadily quilting my paper pieced bird blocks and am ready to bind the quilt today. I'll post pics tomorrow if I am successful.  I also paused in working on that, to make up a couple of beachy pillows for my bedroom.
I have so much blue and white that I thought I needed to bring in some coral to break it up. I used a postage motif fabric and painted the sea life onto it. I then free motion quilted the fabric/painting and made the pillows. I meant to make them a little larger but I like them anyway.

Here's hoping that today is productive and I can get a couple more things finished along with my much needed housework.

Have a great Monday!!

1 comment:

  1. Very nice pillows. Sorry to hear the refurbishing didn't work out.

    ReplyDelete