Thursday, March 13, 2014

Evolution: A Re-Done Re-Do

Hi folks, remember this?
I was very happy with this re-do, but as I changed the color scheme in my sewing room, she just didn't fit. Sooo, here I went and re-did the re-do. This was my inspiration. I found her on Pinterest. Isn't she pretty?
And this was what I wound up doing.
First layer of paint...well really, first two or three layers. I let it sit for a day or two like this, and then kept going. I layered and layered until I got just the color I was looking for. I didn't worry about the drawers because I knew I was going to modge podge some paper on them.

And this is what I ended up with.
I layered the top first with dark teal, then brown, then black. It looks similar to stain, but without the fumes. I added a layer of poly to protect it. The drawers are scrapbook paper and stickers.  
But wait! There's more...
   This is the back. I almost wish I had done the front to match. Next time I probably will.
After finishing, I decided to make a pad to protect the top, and a cover for my machine. That will be in my next post.

1 comment: