Monday, February 17, 2014

Beachy Throw

I'm almost finished with my bedroom. I bought  solid color aqua bedding because I couldn't find the exact set I wanted, and I didn't want the room to be too busy. It needed something, so I found some cool fabric at Brickhouse Fabrics and made myself a throw.
Because I wanted to personalize it a bit and add more sea life to it, I used my trusty embroidery machine and added seahorses, starfish, and a few little crabs with some seaweed for movement.
I also added some script to it honoring the sea....
It's the perfect weight since I only combined it with flannel for the back and no batting.
And since it wasn't quite as large as I wanted, I added a sand colored border. All in all, I'm pretty pleased with it, and glad to have it done.
The only thing left is a cute little pillow I want to make....or two or three. We'll see. :)

3 comments:

  1. Well, you have been busy. I just think this is so refreshing and all the little added touches - so sweet. Love the aqua color, so soothing for a bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a soothing, beachy oasis! Who needs to go to a resort!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I've been on a pillow kick lately....love making them. :) blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete