Monday, November 11, 2013

Quilt Along Finish

I finally got all the blocks done and sashed for Bea's Sampler Quilt Along. I had to do it in between other major projects. It was fun to stop and do the blocks. Here are the last two.
And here are all of them sashed. I wish I'd had some pale blue to use for sashing, as I think it would have been prettier, but I needed to use some of what I had hoarded stored.
I will bind it with the same fabric as the inside sashing. I feared not having enough of it to border, so I opted for plain white on the outside. After piecing the sashing fabric together, I could have bordered with it, but decided to go with what I planned. I think the binding will add the right touch and bring it all together.

I'll have to wait until after Christmas to quilt it. I still have other pressing matters to attend before then. I also finished one of the Memory quilts for my friend. I'll talk about that in a separate post.

6 comments:

  1. WOW! The blocks are really pretty on their own and incredible when you see them all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a lovely job on your blocks and look, you have it all into a flimsy!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda that striped sashing fabric is perfect and it's going to really make that quilt when you bind with it! blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete