Wednesday, January 4, 2012

First Quilt of the Year

I've begun the first charity quilt of 2012. I'm using lovely rainbow colors that mostly came from my blog friend Tonya.


I don't know if there is a pattern out there some where like this, but I drew several designs one evening while watching tv. This is the one that I liked the best and the one I thought would look best with these colors. I have the top all done except for one more border strip. Since it's a rainbow, I'll use a simple pale blue for the backing to mimic the sky.


I learned the hard way to pay close attention to my drawing. Again, the seam ripper was my best friend.
I'm linking up with Marcia's Minute for Me.

And I'll leave you with a game of hide and seek with  LMW and Nanna....


5 comments:

  1. i love this one, it's so bright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! Beautiful! And cool that it is a donation quilt! Whoever receives that quilt will love it!
    Thanks for linking up!
    Love the hide and seek picture! How fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a a happy quilt! Great colors and congrats on a 1st quilt of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh it turned out GREAT!!! I love it! LOL, I see you LMW!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One word comes to mind for the quilt...BEAUTIFUL!!! And, one word for the hide and seek fella...CUTIE-PIE! (Does it count as one word since it's hyphenated???) :D

    ReplyDelete