Friday, September 24, 2010

PB Inspired Pillows

We found out pretty quick that the deck chairs were nice to look at, but not quite as comfortable as we would have hoped. We've decided to continue the search for other chairs, but in the meantime, I made a couple of pillows to help with the comfort.


I saw some really cool pillows last spring in the Pottery Barn catalog, and wanted to create something similar ever since. These are made out of simple canvas duck cloth, and they are actually pillow shams. A lightweight pillow is tucked inside.


I got out my trusty craft paints, and free handed the designs, based on pillows in the catalog. Sprayed with Scotchguard, they should repel water and be fine under the porch.


Now we won't sit quite so far back in the chair. 

5 comments:

  1. aw, i love it! how nice. you should open an etsy store for all the fun stuff you make.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, thanks Erin. But, if I HAD to do this stuff, I wouldn't enjoy it nearly as much. Doing it for myself or gifts and doing it for money are completely different things. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That has all come together so pretty! Looks very relaxing and calm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! I looooove them! You did a fantastic job! They look even better than PB!!! GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are beautiful! You did a fantastic job! P.S. Sew Many Mamas is a mother daughter duo too! Isn,t it fun?

    ReplyDelete