Saturday, October 17, 2009

Slumming Saturday Surplus

Since giving all my fabrics to LeLe, I needed to replenish my stack if I wanted to create anything. I decided to go fabric browsing today, and my first stop was a rummage sale a local church was having. I purchased four items of clothing, simply for the fabric. Only one was the fabric of our lives, but the others may not fade with time, as cottom would. Two were plus size dresses, one was a split skirt and the other a man's shirt.



I carefully cut around all the seams in each article of clothing, and came away with quite a large amount of fabric. For only 1.00 per item, I think I found a bargain. Without even trying, I wound up with coordinating colors. Orange and red, and blue and green.




I visited two of the local antiques and collectibles businesses here in town, but didn't find anything useful. And I also visited the one fabric store in our town, since I hadn't shopped there in a couple of years. I was pleasantly surprised to find a wonderful assortment of fabric at a reasonable price. In fact, the prices were less than the last Hancock's I shopped.

I didn't find as much as I'd hoped, but I did decide that rummaging might be a good way to find inexpensive fabric, if I don't need a huge amount of any one pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment