Monday, May 30, 2016

AWOL

Yes, I went awol, but I'm going to try to get back into the groove.  I believe that my hourly daily, ahem...scrolling on facebook took a huge amount of my time. Time that I used to read blogs and post on my own. I have decided to take a break from that monster of wasted time, and maybe I can get back to where I once was in blogging land.

So, what have I been doing you ask? Well, I've been REALLY busy.  My in-laws' health has slowly been declining and the hubs and I have spent a great deal of time helping them.

In February, my beloved brother-in-law, Tim, passed away in his sleep at the ripe old age of 57. We were shocked and devastated, to put it mildly.
Tim is in the middle.


We've been spending as much time as we can with the grands as well. They are such a blessing to us. Win finished his first year of school last week. Klaire attended Mother's Day Out, and Kyndall began walking. Where does the time go????





I'm so very proud of my kids!!!

As far as sewing/quilting/craftiness is concerned, I sort of fell into something unexpectedly. A friend of mine asked me to create a paper doll quilt for her granddaughter. When people saw it, I started receiving order after order. Wow!!! I know at some point, they will cease to be a "thing" but for now, I have several orders to fill.
I also created a Star Wars quilt for Win's birthday. He is BIG into SW and needed new bedding.

I purchased a new sewing machine in the hopes it would be easier to quilt on, (not being able to purchase a long arm for more than one reason, even if that would be a dream come true).  The one I bought has more decorative stitches, and a wider throat. The automatic threader works much better than on my old machine, and I like the adjustable tension on the pressure foot. Aside from that, it's not much better than what I was using. For what I paid, it should be magical. It's not.  But, I'm trying to be thankful for it. :)

Ok, I think I've caught up for now.

2 comments:

  1. The grands are certainly growing. Knew their were health issues, but so sorry for the loss of your brother at such a young age. The paper doll quilt is adorable - how clever! No wonder you have orders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to meet you after having read your comments in Jacque's blog of faith and Christ. MY cat blogs, but I too have a human blog as well as she! She is the star though.
    Great to meet you.

    ReplyDelete