Friday, March 11, 2011

Framed Jewelry

I don't know about you, but I am very tired of knotted and twisted necklaces in my jewelry box. There had to be a better way. So, I used antique drawers from an old sewing cabinet and made hangers. They worked pretty well, but didn't hold all my jewelry...most of it I seldom wear but just can't bear to part with it...

Then I saw a wonderful idea on another blog. I thought I saved it, but alas, I cannot find it. The blogger took an old elaborate frame, inserted a wood piece covered in fabric, added cup hooks to hang the jewelry on. So cool!

So, this is what I started with. Not so elaborate, but fancy enough. And you use what you have, right?

Enter board and cool fabric. I found it at Wally World of course, but I really love it. Add one can of Oil Rubbed Bronze spray paint and....


 cup hooks in strategic places. VOILA! Functional Art.


Before

After


If you come across the blogger who was the master mind of this, please let me know so I can give her credit for the idea.

1 comment:

  1. aw, i'm working on something similar right now! i hope to finish it tonight actually :-) and i'll post the finished project!

    ReplyDelete