Saturday, January 23, 2010

Not Idle

I haven't posted much lately, but I've not been idle. I spent two weeks working on a diaper bag for LeLe. And since I had some of the awesome fabric left, I did some other things with it. I bound a fleece blanket, and created a bib and burp pad.



I love love love how they all turned out. And I hope LeLe does too. I documented part of the diaper bag process, and will post that sometime in the future.  I quilted the bag, and the bib on my regular sewing machine. I loved the process. I used already quilted backing, so it was very easy, but one of these days, I'll do it the old fashioned way.




The blanket gave me a few moments of angst, as I intended the top and bottom to face a certain direction, and I failed on one end. It still looks ok though.




I added the branches and birds by using wonder under and zig zagging around them. I thought about adding some more zig zagging for smaller branches, but decided against it. I didn't want to take a chance on messing anything up.




For the bib and burp cloth, I used  patterns I found on Home Made By Jill. It was extremely easy, and her patterns were easy to enlarge or make smaller. 




I haven't washed the cloth yet, to make it fray. I love that feature and am anxious to see how it gets all fuzzy.

So, that is what I've been busy doing. I also made some nursing cover-ups for LeLe, but haven't taken photos of those yet. Will post soon.

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favorite fabrics ever. So pretty! Love that you had enough extra fabric and were able to make all the extras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE IT ALL. Thank you so much. I know W and I will treasure this for years to come.

    ReplyDelete