Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm a Kreativ Blogger!

Thanks so much to Laura over at Lulu Land for the Kreativ Blogger award!

The Rules:
As an award recipient, I am asking you to do the following:
List seven things that you love and then pass the award on to seven bloggers that you love! Be sure to tag them and let them know they have won. You can copy the picture of the award and paste it on your sideboard letting the whole world know...you are Kreativ!

Here are my seven things...

  1. Teaching Sunday School
    I really do love it. The girls are starting to open up to me more and more each week and I get a sense of peace because I'm following God's call.

  2. Getting paid for a skill other than my job
    A friend from high school recently paid me a generous amount for editing her dissertation proposal. It's nice to be able to offer a service and get paid in return, especially if it's something you enjoy doing. And often, you learn in the process!

  3. Music
    Music makes me happy, whether its Classical, 80s, Grunge, College Rock, or Hymns. I love it all and the past few days I've been listening to a combination of Vivaldi, David Bowie, Falco, Radiohead, Muse, and the Twilight Score; I definitely have eclectic taste. I played for a wedding this past weekend and the flautist and I played an awesome version of "Be Thou My Vision" in addition to "The Doxology" and "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring/Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee." And we played "Canon in D" with flute, violin, and piano. It was beautiful.

  4. Traveling
    Going to the mountains tomorrow and I can't wait. We're even debating on whether or not we should leave tonight and stay in a cheap motel because we're so excited to leave! I'm even excited to go to Wal-mart to pick out the stuff we need for the trip...that's saying a lot because I HATE Wal-mart!!!

  5. Netflix
    MK and I recently subscribed to Netflix. We have the one-DVD-at-a-time plan, but it's great. Often, we don't have enough time to watch a movie and when you rent them and run out of time, it's your loss. You can send Netflix back whenever you want! Before we got signed up for Netflix, we were also enjoying Redbox, which only charges $1 per night. So, if you run out of time, you'll only be charged an extra $1 rather than upwards of $3 for a late fee. And the great thing about Netflix is all the weirdo independent movies we want to see that we just can't justify renting! They even have TV shows, which is great because we don't have satellite anymore. AND they have lots of BBC series available that wouldn't even be available on BBC American even if we did have satellite.

  6. Click2Mail.com
    I stumbled upon this awesome service when I went to the postal service website to research post cards for an upcoming sorority mail-out. Imagine my delight when they suggested this link, which is a way to send out direct mail without touching paper or stamps! I was able to design the postcard for a meeting annoucement, upload my Excel spreadsheet mailing list, and they do all the work by printing and sending them out. Easy as pie and soooooo time-saving! It didn't cost much extra...maybe a few cents per mailing for the processing fee, but when you think about all the time you save in addition to the paper you would have to purchase anyway, it's a steal.

  7. Crystal Light
    Thank God for Crystal Light! I am dieting and this stuff is helping me to drink plenty of water. My favorite so far is the pomegranate lemonade. Tasty!
So, I'm tagging the following seven awesome, "kreativ" bloggers in no particular order:

Erin

Sooz

Mom

Les

Chelle (since you haven't posted in foreva!)

Jennie (see Chelle...haha)

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment