After posting about my finished birds, my good friend Sharon suggested I enter the Pets on Quilts Show at Lily Pad Quilting. I never thought about that!!
So, here is my entry in the category of Other Animal-Themed Project.
"Birds at the Window"
These birds are paper pieced, and from the book Backyard Birds by Jodie Davis.
My mother was a real bird lover who had many bird feeders. Even when she was near death she was telling us to fill up the feeders! This quilt reminds me of her - I loved it. blessings, marlene
I just adore this and the window setting just showcases each bird. Well done!
ReplyDeleteYes! Very nice - paper pieced? Hard to see from far away pic. I like how they are seen thru the window
ReplyDeleteGreat setting for these lovely birds!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt...also like the quilting you have done over it. Just right!
ReplyDeleteOMG!! I love this quilt!! They appear to be paper pieced, are they?
ReplyDeleteThat looks great, I love the idea of each bird in a window.
ReplyDeletebeautiful birds. wonderful work
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh that is beautiful! My MIL is a total bird lover, she would be over the moon for this!
ReplyDeleteLovely quilt.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful and fun quilt!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThe quilt is beautiful. Hugs, Susie x
ReplyDeleteBeautiful quilt! I love birds too.
ReplyDeleteReally like the window effect. Very pretty!
ReplyDeleteIt's so pretty you gotta win! Good luck!!!
ReplyDeleteYour quilt is gorgeous.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. I love birds on a quilt.
ReplyDeleteMy mother was a real bird lover who had many bird feeders. Even when she was near death she was telling us to fill up the feeders! This quilt reminds me of her - I loved it. blessings, marlene
ReplyDelete